AIIMS MBBS 2016 examination is one of the toughest national level examinations clearing which leads to the admission in the most prestigious institution All India Institution of Medical Sciences of the nation. This examination is conducted by AIIMS New Delhi for the admission of the students aspiring to pursue their further undergraduate and post graduate education in all the branches of medical science. There are seven AIIMS in the nation which are located in various cities including New Delhi, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur and Rishikesh. AIIMS New Delhi was established in 1956 and the same year the first batch of undergraduate medical students was admitted.
In order to expand the domain of quality medical science education six new institutions similar to AIIMS New Delhi has been establishes in various cities of the nation under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana. All this six AIIMS are supposed to admit their first batch of undergraduate medical students in August 2016 with the intake of 100 students in every institution, whereas AIIMS New Delhi has the intake of 72 this year. As there are very limited seats in this prestigious institution students need very tough and thorough preparation for the examination. This examination is held every year in the Month of May.
Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS MBBS Examination
- You must have the Indian nationality
- Your age must of 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission
- You must have passed class 12th or any equivalent course from any recognized university of India with the compulsory subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology having minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the above subjects.
- All the documentary proofs are must
- All the Overseas Citizen of India are also eligible for the examination with the same rules and regulations as that of Indian nationals
- Foreign students don’t need to appear for the examination as all the eligible students with more than 50% aggregate marks are selected by Government of India
AIIMS MBBS 2016 Application Form
The very basic step to apply for the examination is to register for the examination by going on the official website of AIIMS (http://mbbs.AIIMSexams.org/)
AIIMS MBBS 2016 Examination Pattern
The examination is conducted by a single written paper consisting 200 multiple choice questions which is based on the syllabus Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Apart from the academic subject there are also questions based on general knowledge.
Important Dates for AIIMS MBBS 2016 Examination
- Last date for submitting the online application form – 15th March 2016 before 5:00 PM
- Admit Card will be available at the official website (http://mbbs.AIIMSorg/) from 2nd May 2016-03-29
- AIIMS MBBS 2016 Examination Date – 29th May 2016
- Predicted date of declaration of the result – 14th June 2016
To get more information regarding the examination, syllabus, admit card, examination centre or any queries please be updated with the official website of AIIMS New Delhi.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.