All India Pre Medical Test 2016 (AIPMT 2016) is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). It is one of the national level undergraduate examinations conducted every year by CBSE which is considered as most competitive undergraduate examination in India. All the students who are looking forward to pursue their career in Medical or Dental field can appear for the examination after their 12th standard or any other equivalent courses.
All the students qualifying the examinations are eligible to get admission in MBBS and BDS seats in the Government Medical and Dental colleges all over the nation excluding Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir. Almost 6 lakhs candidates appear every year for this examination and compete for almost 3500 seats for MBBS in BDS in the government colleges throughout the nation. Still all the government and private medical and dental colleges have 15% seats allotted on the basis of this merit score.
AIPMT 2016 is scheduled to be conducted on 1st of May this year at their various authorised examination centres all over the nation. The examination is going to be conducted in pen and paper (offline) format which would commence at 10:00 AM and will end at 1:00 PM.
Eligibility Criteria –
- Candidate must have appeared or appearing for class 12th examination or equivalent examination in the academic session 2015-2016.
- Candidate must have appeared for subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology with any other elective subject and core English prescribed by NCERT.
- Minimum scoring in PCB must be 50% for general category students, 40% for SC/ST/OBC and 45% for physically handicapped candidates.
- Applicants with the degree of B.Sc of an Indian university with Physics, Chemistry, Biology(Zoology/Botany)/Biotechnology are also eligible to appear for the examination
- Candidate must be Indian as per his/her nationality.
- Age limit is 17-25 years for general category students and 17-30 years for SC/ST/OBC category students
Examination Pattern –
This examination is conducted in offline mode which consists of a single paper containing in total 180 multiple choice questions. All the questions are supposed to be solved in the duration of 3 hours. The question paper is divided into four sections which consists physics, chemistry, botany and zoology in a particular section with 45 questions from every section. Four marks are granted for every correct answers and 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
All the students are suggested to download their admit cards from the official website of AIPMT http://aipmt.nic.in/aipmt/Welcome.aspx. The examination will be conducted on 1st of May this year and the results might be declared on or before 5th of June, 2016.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.