GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination and it is conducted by the Educational Testing Service (ETS) on the global level. All the candidates qualifying the examination are eligible for admission in the business and graduate schools all around the world. The scorecards of Graduate Record Examination are accepted at most of the top level graduate and business schools all over the globe. This examination is computer based conducted throughout the year at various prometric test centers all around the world. There are more than 700 prometric test centers across 160 countries. In India many of the renowned cities like New Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Ahmadabad, Calcutta, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, Allahabad and Trivandrum had such prometric test centers. The candidate can appear for the examination after every 21 days and one can appear for max 5 times in the continuous span of 12 months of preparation.
Eligibility Criteria –
All the candidates fulfilling all the following given conditions are eligible to appear for the examination:
- All the applicants must have at least completed his/her Higher Secondary Examination
- The only mandatory criterion to be eligible for the examination is a valid passport.
- For identity validation no other documents like birth certificate, international driving license etc can be used.
- The eligibility criteria differs from institute to institute
GRE 2015-2016 Application –
You can apply for the GRE 2015-2016 through three modes –
- ONLINE – Applicants can apply for this examination by signing up and creating new MY GRE account on the official website mygre.ets.org
- Through Telephone – Applicants can also apply through the phone calls by calling the Regional Registration Centre (RRC) of Prometric India. You need to call on 0124-4147700 before three working days of commencing your examination
- Through Mail – To apply through mail you need to download the International Test Scheduling form and fill out the details in it correctly. Also, you will have to make a dollar Demand Draft of $185 in favour of ETS-GRE and mail the ITS form and DD along with the photocopy of passport to the address mentioned below:
Prometric, 2nd floor, DLF Infinity Tower – A, Sector 25, Phase II, DLF City Gurgaon, Haryana
GRE 2015-2016 Exam Pattern –
The examination paper is divided into three sections:
- Analytical Writing – This section of the paper examines the applicant’s ability to analyze the facts & presented evidence and also puts forward what you think about the realistic world.
- Verbal Reasoning – It checks the applicant’s verbal ability to present the documents in the rational manner.
- Quantitative Reasoning – This section is made to check how comfort applicants are with numbers and quantitative data.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.