The 2G, 3G, 4G have already revolutionized the mobile wireless and the cellular telecommunication systems. Steps are now being taken on how to improvise upon the existing telecommunications systems, to explore the possibility of the 5th generation technology, services and to develop it. Speculations are on that such technology for cellular systems will probably commence from 2020. The full fledged deployment of the same however, can take place after that.
What are the 5G mobile communications systems?
It is the 5th generation mobile communication systems. Many individuals, these days, use the 4G services. It can be said that the 5G is in the developmental stage. Many universities have their own research units where they focus on developing technologies for the 5th generation mobile communication systems.
Many of the technologies that are used in the 4G mobiles are used in 5G mobile communication systems. It is expected that with the deployment of the 5G, these technologies will be included as part of the 5G cellular system.
Drawbacks of the 5G mobile communication system
However, this technology has certain drawbacks. Despite, the technology being designed to resolve all radio signal issues, but due to security reasons and because of lack of technological advancement in some parts of the world, the 5G technology has the following shortfalls:-
- The 5G technology is still in process. Research is still on in this field.
- The speed that the technology is claiming to offer is difficult to achieve because of overheads such as incompetent technological support in major parts of the world.
- Many old devices are not competent with the 5G and hence there is no alternative other than replacement. That is an expensive deal.
- There involves a cost related to infrastructure building.
- The security and privacy issues related to the 5G are yet to be resolved.
Overview of the 5G mobile communications systems
The different generations of cellular telephony brought with them improvements than the previous generation. If we talk about the 5G technology, then it has its own improvements when compared to the previous generations.
- The 1G mobile were analogue in nature. They offered low levels of spectrums and very low level of security.
- The second generation or the 2G mobiles were based on the digital technology. These mobiles offered much better security, spectrum efficiency as compared to the 1G phone. Moreover, these phones have low data rate communications and text messaging features.
- The third generation (3G) mobile has high data speed when compared to the previous mobile communications systems.
- The 4G systems is an IP based system that is capable of providing much higher data than the 3G technologies.
The most important thing that 5G system will be bringing is better levels of coverage, connectivity. For more information about the 5th generation technology, refer to relevant online contents where details about such technology are furnished
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.